Naman Ojha withdraws from all forms of cricket | Cricket News

BHOPAL: Former Indian goalkeeper-batter Naman Ojha announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on Monday, bringing down the curtains on an illustrious two-decade domestic career.
The 37-year-old Madhya Pradesh, who holds the record for most dismissals by a wicket keeper at the Ranji Trophy, has participated in one test, one ODI and two T20 internationals.
“I would like to announce my retirement,” Ojha, who struggled to hold back tears, said at a virtual press conference.
“It is time for me to move on. It has been a long journey, I am grateful to have had this opportunity and I was able to fulfill my dream of playing for my country and my state,” he said. declared.
Ojha made his international debut in 2010 in his only ODI against Sri Lanka, followed by his first T20I match in Zimbabwe a week later. His only test was in 2015 against Sri Lanka in Colombo.
Although Ojha’s international career never took off, the Ujjain-born player has played 146 first-class games, totaling 9,753 points with 22 hundreds at an average of 41.67 in a two-decade career.
The batsman on the right was excellent in the domestic circuit with the gloves and the bat. In 143 A-list games and 182 T20s, Ojha amassed 4,278 and 2,972 runs respectively.
He last appeared in a Ranji Trophy match for MP against Uttar Pradesh in January last year. He was MP captain in this elite Ranji Trophy Group B match in Indore.
In the Indian Premier League, Ojha played for Rajasthan Royals, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Daredevils.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *