India vs England: Awaiting BCCI Confirmation on Crowd Protocols, ECB Says | Cricket News

CHENNAI: The Cricket Council of England and Wales (ECB) awaits confirmation from the Cricket Control Board of India (BCCI) on the decision to allow supporters into the stadium for the last three tests.
The second test between India and England at the MA Chidambaram stadium, scheduled for February 13, will have 50% attendance, Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) secretary RS Ramasaamy confirmed on Monday.
“We have spoken to BCCI, we will get official approval from 50 percent of the fans by today evening,” Ramasaamy told ANI.

An ECB spokesperson said the governing body was unwilling to comment on the speculation and instead waited for official confirmation from the BCCI.
“We are not going to comment on the speculations. We are still awaiting news from the BCCI regarding their protocols for the next round of tests,” an ECB spokesperson said.

The first two tests of the four-game series between India and England will be played in Chennai, then the action of the last two tests will move to Ahmedabad.
Earlier today, a BCCI official confirmed that fans will be allowed into Motera Stadium for the third and fourth tests between India and England.

Speaking to ANI, a BCCI official confirmed that fans will be allowed to participate in the test matches in Motera. When asked if Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be invited for the first test match in the renovated Motera stadium, the BCCI official replied in the affirmative.
Last week, the Sports Ministry changed its standard operating procedure (SoP) and stadiums were allowed to operate at full capacity under COVID-19 protocols.
The first and second test between India and England will be played at MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. The first test will take place on February 5, while the second is scheduled to start on February 13.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *