Cricket Australia to grant NOC to IPL-linked players on a case-by-case basis | Cricket News

MELBOURNE: Cricket Australia announced on Wednesday that it would grant certificates of no objection to its Indian Premier League-linked players on a case-by-case basis, a day after postponing the national team’s tour to South Africa due to ‘a new COVID-19 epidemic in this country.
Even though IPL-linked Australian cricketers are sweating because of their participation in the 14th edition of the Silver Rich League, which will be held in India in the second week of April, the players’ agents said that Unless there are injury issues, there should be no problem in awarding NOCs as the event will be held during the official CA break.
“We have, obviously, precedent for this from IPL last year. We have, obviously, IPL, if you like, (has) proven its biosafety protocols,” said Nick Hockley, CEO acting CA. “Sydney Morning Herald”.

“As and when requests arise, we will examine each of these cases on a case-by-case basis, on their merits,” he added.
Although it has postponed the test tour to South Africa, CA has confirmed there will be no changes to the Twenty20 squad, which will travel to New Zealand this month for a streak of five. matches without the likes of Steve Smith, David Warner, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins.

A total of 19 Australian players participated in the recent IPL which was held in a bio-secure environment in the UAE due to the pandemic.
But nine Aussie players including white ball captain Aaron Finch, Smith and Glenn Maxwell have been released by their respective franchises and will be up for grabs at the IPL auction on February 18.

Although the dates for the next IPL are yet to be finalized, it has been learned that BCCI is eager to start the tournament from the second week of April. The event is expected to take place in a rigorous biosecurity environment, with matches being limited to a limited number of venues.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *