CAB takes action after 65 players were found with disputed documents

The Bengal Cricket Association (CAB) said on Friday it would take strict actions over its “document verification process” after 65 players were found with disputed documents.

The CAB Apex Council meeting in the presence of President Avishek Dalmiya and Secretary Snehashis Ganguly ratified the action to be taken by the association in this regard.

Of the 65 players identified, 45 players were barred from participating until the dispute was resolved. The case has been referred to the Ombudsman and many measures should be put in place to ensure a foolproof system.

READ: Sourav Ganguly: Players were on leave, mask not possible all the time

Players will have the opportunity to present their clarifications to the mediator. The CAB also plans to create a unique biometric code for players. The Council also decided to ensure that all players over the age of 18 are vaccinated before the start of the season.

“We had previously said that there would be a zero tolerance policy on document fraud. After a thorough investigation by the verification cell created for this purpose, 65 players were found with disputed documents. Another round of processes verification will take place before the start of the next season, ”Avishek Dalmiya said.

READ ALSO: Sri Lanka Needs Someone To Step In Right Now, Says Russel Arnold


“We will not tolerate any contested documents in any form. We have put in place detailed measures to nip such efforts in the bud. Further measures are being considered and strict monitoring is maintained on the system to prevent future frauds. Strict measures will be taken. against those convicted, “Snehashis Ganguly said.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *